Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Arrive
Check-in begins at 4 PM. Our service teams will be working diligently to prepare your home after the previous guests to ensure everything is ready for you. If the home is ready prior to the 4 PM check-in time, you will receive a text notification making you aware. Please rely on this notification system for early access as much of our staff spends turnover day in the field prepping houses for your arrival.
Access instructions will be sent via email. Some homes may require physical keys while most will have keyless entry. If you have any questions regarding your specific home's access instructions you may call 866-938-7497.
What to Pack
Yes, all linens in the home will be provided at no additional cost to you. Our laundry services package the linens after laundering and they will not be opened until they are placed inside your home.
We do ask that guests bring beach towels, as the towels provided cannot be used at the beach or pool. If you're bringing a pet, don't forget to bring a towel for them, too!
We provide one bath towel and one wash cloth per guest allowed at the property as well as two hand towels per bathroom. The kitchen will have two hand towels and hot pads.
You will need to bring the following:
- Food, Condiments, Spices
- Specialty Food Equipment (if needed)
- Paper Products (paper towels, toilet paper, etc.)
- Trash Bags
- Cleaning Supplies
- Beach Equipment (chairs, umbrellas, toys, fishing items, etc.)
- Beach Towels
- Flashlights, Radios, and Batteries
- Baby Equipment (cribs, highchairs, baby gates, etc.)
Linens (sheets, pillowcases, blankets, bath towels) are provided. Pillows are included. Each home will have one roll of paper towels and one roll of toilet paper per bathroom.
You can contact local vendors to rent and deliver many items to your home on the day of check-in including beach chairs, umbrellas, grills, bikes, baby equipment and more. Give us a call for our vendor recommendations for your area.
While You're Here
No. Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the premise of the rental home. Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, marijuana, drugs of any kind and vaping are prohibited. Upon your departure, if there are signs of smoke remaining at the property, fees will be charged to clean and repair the home of any damage.
***No firearms or fireworks are allowed on the premises.***
The leaseholder is financially responsible for damage done to the property beyond normal wear and tear. Coastal Carolina Vacations reserves the right to run a credit card authorization to cover any damages to the property. You will be notified of any excessive cleaning charges or damages made and the amount that will be charged to your credit card IF necessary.
No, they must be taken in daily. Please remove your personal & rental items each day from the beach, not to be left over night. Coastal Carolina Vacations is not responsible for any personal or rental items left on the beach over night. Outer Banks beaches are enforcing a new policy as of 2013 to permanently remove items left on the beach overnight, not to be recovered.
Some of Coastal Carolina Vacations properties provide a charcoal or gas grill for our guests to use while occupying the home for their vacation week (see listing for each property to see which is provided as sometimes this can change during the course of the year). Guests are responsible for cleaning and removing the remnants from around and on the grill after usage. Grills are not permitted to be moved or placed on the wooden decks of the house due to the hazard of fire. These rules also apply to large propane deep fryers. The heat and grease can cause extensive damage to screens, wood & siding on the home as a result of being placed or left too close and of course also present a fire hazard. Grills and fryers should only be used on concrete surfaces away from the house for safety’s sake
If you're looking for the most convenient way to shop, order groceries online and have them delivered straight to your door by Instacart. Choose from stores including Publix, Food Lion, Walgreens, and more. Visit the link below to begin your order.
Prefer to shop in person? Here are some links for our local grocery stores so you can locate the nearest one to you.
Looking to support local? Here are some options we recommend including a local grocer, Farmer's Markets and Stands, and more.
Coastal Carolina Vacations is not responsible for any cable and/or internet connectivity or speed. Please report this to our office and we will contact the local provider (vendor) to report the problem.
Medical House Calls - Treatment of minor illnesses in your rental home - (252) 475-2007, Regional Medical Center - located at milepost 1.5 in Kitty Hawk - (252) 255-6000, or The Outer Banks Hospital - located at milepost 14 in Nags Head - (252) 449-4500
Remember: if you purchased Travel Insurance for your reservation, you do have medical coverage and should file a claim at www.trippreserver.com for reimbursement of out of pocket expenses during your travel dates.
Check-out for every home is no later than 10 am. Our dedicated cleaning teams will be arriving beginning at 10 am to ready the home for the next guests so make sure all of your personal belongings are out no later than your check-out time. For keyless entry homes, your code will expire promptly at 10 am.
You're on vacation so you should be relaxing all the way through check-out! Our cleaning teams will be readying the home for the next guests so no need to wash any of the linens. We do ask that you strip the sheets and pillow cases (leave the mattress pads in place) and leave them piled on top of the beds. Gather the bath linens into the bathrooms as well. Don't forget to take all of your personal items and food when you leave. If there are non-perishable items you wish to donate to the local food pantry, you may drop those items off at the office on your way out or simply leave them on the kitchen counter.
**See "What are the check-out procedures" for more details.**
All food should be removed from the fridge and kitchen cabinets and disposed of properly.
Place trash in exterior property trash cans.
Dishes must be washed and put away or loaded into the dishwasher and started.
The thermostat must be set to 75 degrees for AC or 55 degrees for heat.
Ensure all windows and doors are securely locked.
Tidy the pool or deck areas if applicable.
If your home is keyless entry, you will not need to return keys but your code will expire promptly at 10 am on the date of your check-out.
Coastal Carolina Vacations will not be responsible for any items left behind. Our team will attempt to locate your items and if found will contact you to set up a return. You will be responsible for the cost of postage to return your items. Items not claimed within 30 days of check-out will be donated to a local charity.
If your home is listed as pet-friendly, absolutely! Here are some tips below to ensure your pet has a great vacation, too. **Please note, only dogs are allowed in pet-friendly homes. No other animal types will be permitted.**
- Bring a leash and keep your dog on it while outside of your home (most municipalities here have strict leash laws).
- Sand and pavement get extremely hot during the Summer. If you can't walk on the sand or pavement barefooted, neither can they! Early mornings and evenings are the best times for walks.
- Fleas and ticks are prevalent on the Outer Banks. Ensure your pet is protected prior to your stay.
- Bring plenty of fresh water for your pet to drink. Salt water will cause vomiting and diarrhea if drunk.
- In the case of an emergency, there are several local veterinary hospitals that can assist you during the day. If you happen to have a problem at night, options are available but very limited. The closest 24-hour staffed emergency clinic is at least an hour away in Chesapeake, Virginia.
Even Fido loves a great beach day! Just be aware that every town has their own set of rules and restrictions for pet owners. Make sure you clean up after your pet and deposit it in the appropriate containers.
Dogs are allowed year-round as long as they are on a leash not exceeding 10 feet.
Kill Devil Hills
Dogs are not permitted on public beach areas during the hours of 9 am and 6 pm between May 15 and September 15. Service animals are allowed. Between September 16 and May 14, dogs are allowed as long as they are leashed and with an owner.
Dogs are allowed beginning the Friday before Memorial Day until the day after Labor day between the hours of 10 am and 6 pm. They must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet. After Labor Day, dogs must be on a leash up to 12 feet and can be off the leash if they will not disturb others at the beach. Unleashed dogs must be within 30 feet of their owner at all times and the leash must be with the owner. Violation of these rules is punishable as a misdemeanor and a fine of not more than $50.
Dogs are not allowed on the beach from May 15 - September 15. There is a year-round leash law.
Dogs are allowed on the beach unleashed year-round but must be under the control of their owner at all times.
Dogs are allowed on the beach year-round. Leashes are required at all times but there are no length requirements in Currituck County.
**Please note Coastal Carolina Vacations homes will only allow dogs and not other types of animals.**
Service Animals, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), includes animals that have been trained to perform specific tasks for individuals with a disability. These tasks are typically assisting those with hearing or sight impairment, assisting an individual who suffers from seizures, and assists those who suffer from Post-Traumatic disorders. Service animals are allowed in any of Coastal Carolina Vacations properties, but we ask that the leaseholder makes us aware that a service animal will be present prior to check-in.
Emotional Support Animals (ESA), also known as a “comfort animal,” is a dog that belongs to a person who is emotionally or psychologically (psychiatrically) disabled. The person’s doctor (a licensed mental health professional) has determined that the presence of the animal is necessary for the person’s mental health and that they are considered disabled as a result. The licensed mental health professional must provide Coastal Carolina Vacations a letter of prescription stating the dog is necessary for the normal day to day functioning of the disabled person.
Emotional Support Animals are allowed in any of Coastal Carolina Vacations properties, but we ask that the leaseholder makes us aware that an emotional support animal will be present prior to check-in.
A Therapy Animal (usually a dog) has been obedience trained and screened for its ability to interact favorably with humans and other animals. The primary purpose of a Therapy Animal is to provide affection and comfort to people in hospitals, retirement homes, nursing homes, schools, hospices, disaster areas, and to people with learning difficulties. Although Therapy Animals provide a very important therapeutic service, they are NOT considered “service animals” and they and their handlers have no protections under federal law (ADA, the Fair Housing Act, Air Carrier Access Act, etc.).
A Companion Animal (usually a dog) describes an animal that provides only companionship as a pet, rather than performing useful or necessary tasks. They are NOT considered “service animals” and they and their handlers have no protections under federal law (ADA, the Fair Housing Act, Air Carrier Access Act, etc.).
Those with Therapy Animals or Companion Animals are not allowed in non-pet friendly properties. If the animal is a dog or cat we do have a large selection of pet-friendly properties to choose from.
All the Fun Stuff
There are several public and semi-public golf courses in the area:
The Currituck Club, Corolla (888) 453-9400 or (252) 453-9400 - The Currituck Club website
Duck Woods Country Club, Southern Shores (252) 261-2609 - Duck Woods Country Club website
Sea Scape Golf Links, Kitty Hawk (252) 261-2158 - Sea Scape Golf Links website
The Pointe Golf Club, Powell’s Point (252) 491-8388 - The Pointe Gold Club website
Kilmarlic Golf Club, Point Harbor (252) 491-4220 - Kilmarlic Golf Club website
The Carolina Club, Grandy (252) 453-3588 - The Carolina Club website
Nags Head Golf Links, Nags Head (252) 441-8073 - Nags Head Golf Links website
Holly Ridge Golf Course, Point Harbor - (252) 491-2893 - Holly Ridge Golf Course Link
The North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island, houses hundreds of marine creatures that you'll find native to the North Carolina coast.
Outlets Nags Head offers a variety of brand name & designer outlet stores.
Do It Your Selfie OBX located in Kill Devil Hills is the first Original Selfie Museum of the Outer Banks. The location has various photo booths and backdrops for your photography needs.
AR Workshop Kill Devil Hills is a boutique style DIY workshop offering wood signs, décor items, canvas pillows, blankets, & more. Offering hands on classes that can be scheduled or walk-ins are welcome.
Outer Banks Salt Cave located in Kitty Hawk offers Halotherapy. An alternative healthcare service that utilizes salt for its health benefits. Step into the Salt! The cave floor has 4.5 tons of Himalayan salt to walk on. Relax, breathe, repeat!
OBX Toys & Engraving located in Nags Head is the home of Create-a-Critter (the local version of Build a Bear)! They sell Melissa & Doug toys, games, and personalized engraving. The kids can use the craft tables, too!
Pioneer Theater located in Manteo is a quaint, compact, family-run theater dating back to 1918, showing 1 movie a night without trailers.
Visit our "Things To Do" tab for more suggestions.
Trash & Recycling Tips
Dumpsters—If you are staying in a home or condo community that provides a dumpster, please bag and deposit your trash in the dumpster.
Corolla—Trash and recycling occur together on the following schedules:
Summer Schedule, May 1 to September 30, Monday & Friday: Buck Island, Corolla Light, Crown Point, The Currituck Club, Pine Island, Spindrift, Ocean Sands South (sections A, B and C), and remaining residences fronting NC 12 not included in the adjacent summer schedule.
Winter Schedule, October 1 to April 30, Monday only: Buck Island, Corolla Light, Crown Point, The Currituck Club, Pine Island, Spindrift, Ocean Sands South (sections A, B and C), and remaining residences fronting NC 12 not included in the adjacent winter schedule
Summer Schedule, May 1 to September 30, Wednesday & Saturday: Corolla Village, Monteray Shores, Ocean Hill, Ocean Sands (sections D and Q), Villages at Ocean Hill, and Whalehead.
Winter Schedule, October 1 to April 30, Wednesday only: Corolla Village, Monteray Shores, Ocean Hill, Ocean Sands (sections D and Q), Villages at Ocean Hill, and Whalehead.
Duck In-Season: May 1 through October 31: garbage pick-up is Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Recycling occurs on Monday.
Duck Off-Season: November 1 through April 30: garbage pick-up is Monday and Friday. Recycling occurs on the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month and December 30.
Southern Shores In-Season: June 1 through September 30: garbage pick-up is Monday and Friday. Recycling occurs on Mondays.
Southern Shores Off-Season: October 1 through May 30: garbage pick-up and recycling occurs on Monday.
Kill Devil Hills, East of U.S. Hwy. 158/Croatan Hwy.: Monday and Thursday year-round: You are responsible for bagging and depositing your own trash. Please remember to roll your bins out the night before trash pick-up, handles facing the home, as pick-up begins early. Trash placed on top of or around bins will not be picked up.
Recycling: Occurs on Tuesday. Or you can drop-off on West Ocean Bay Boulevard, off Colington Road.
Nags Head, East of U.S. Hwy. 158/Croatan Hwy In-Season: (beginning the third week in May) Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Off-Season: (beginning the last Monday in September) Monday and Friday. You are responsible for bagging and depositing your own trash. Please remember to roll your bins out the night before trash pick-up, handles facing the home, as pick-up begins early. Trash placed on top of or around bins will not be picked up.
Recycling: In Nags Head occurs on Tuesday. Or you can drop-off at Nags Head Town Hal.
Nags Head, West of U.S. Hwy. 158/Croatan Hwy Tuesdays and Fridays year-round: You are responsible for bagging and depositing your own trash. Please remember to roll your bins out the night before trash pick-up, handles facing the home, as pick-up begins early. Trash placed on top of or around bins will not be picked up.
Pools & Spas
Hot tubs are open year round, unless stated otherwise in the description. If your home has a heated pool, it will be listed in the amenity section of your home's description. Pools are heated on the dates listed below (when the pool heat fee is paid):
Spring: the week before Easter through Memorial Day week
Fall: Labor Day weekend through Columbus Day week
Hot tubs are open year-round, unless stated otherwise in the description.
Pools are open the weekend before Easter through the week of Columbus day, unless stated otherwise in the description.
Properties with the amenity "Heated Pool" can have pool heat, for a fee plus tax. Properties that do not advertise heated pools do not offer pool heat at any time. Pool temperatures vary and degree of warmth cannot be guaranteed.
It is not. But it is strongly encouraged for many reasons. No refunds will be made for hurricane evacuations without trip cancellation insurance.
Red Sky Travel Insurance is partnered with Coastal Carolina Vacations to provide Trip Preserver coverage for our guests. Trip Preserver provides trip insurance, emergency assistance, and travel services in case of hurricane evacuations and family emergencies such as illness or death in the family. The Vacation Rental Agreement you will receive will automatically include this optional plan.
Insurance will cost 7.75% of your total rent and the amount will be indicated on your lease. The total will be due with your first payment and is non-refundable. Insurance is optional. You will be given the option to accept or decline coverage on the reservation checkout page.
Trip Preserver from Red Sky covers trip cancellation or interruption due to:
- A named hurricane or other natural disaster
- Uninhabitability of the destination vacation home caused by a natural disaster
- Uninhabitability of your primary residence or your traveling companion's primary residence caused by a natural disaster
- Sickness, injury, or death of you, a family member, or traveling companion
- 24-hour worldwide travel assistance
- Identity theft recovery assistance
If you have any questions, contact Red Sky at 1-866-889-7409, or email them at RedSky@ArchInsurance.com.
If you have any questions during the claims process, you can:
Call Red Sky at 1-866-889-7409, or email them at RedSky@ArchInsurance.com.
Office hours for Red Sky are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time, except holidays.
Due to the Outer Banks’ diverse ecosystem, common insects such as ants, mosquitoes, palmetto bugs, midges, house flies and spiders are prevalent in the area. Factors such as rain, wind speed/direction, and temperatures will influence the likelihood of encountering these pests in or around your rental home. While most homeowners participate in quarterly pest control treatments, there is no way to completely prevent or predict these local nuisances. A few ways you can help mitigate common pests during your vacation are:
-Keeping doors and windows closed as much as possible
-Placing trash into the designated receptacles frequently & following local trash pickup schedules
-Properly storing any food items & cleaning up after cooking or grilling
-Turning off excessive lighting, especially in the evening
-Avoid leaving buckets or items that can create standing water
Coastal Carolina is not licensed to spray or treat for pests and bugs; however, we can arrange for additional pest control services should they be needed. *Please know that flying insects such as mosquitoes and midge flies are not treatable*
What is a Palmetto Bug? (aka Water Bug)
While it’s true, the palmetto bugs are in the cockroach family, palmetto bugs are not an indicator of an unsanitary home (they are not equivalent to the German cockroach) and are simply not 100% preventable. Quite common in the Outer Banks, these unsightly pests are found both outside, and often times inside, the home as they are driven to damp, dark areas (such as lower-level bathrooms or closets) due to harsh weather conditions. While alarming to see, they are not harmful. Should you have an issue with excessive palmetto bugs, please contact our office for assistance.
What are Midges?
Midges are small, winged flies that often breed and travel in swarms. They are more common in the spring and summer months, attracted to bright lights and heat. While they are a nuisance, they do not spread disease and thankfully have a short life span of around 24 hours. If a swarm is in the area, it is common to find large piles of expired midges around the exterior of your home. Since these flies are a food source for other pests, like spiders, daily sweeping of outdoor areas is one of the best ways to deter other bugs that may be attracted by them. Unfortunately, there is no preventative treatment for midges.
The Outer Banks has a very beautiful, and fragile, shoreline. In efforts to protect and preserve the shoreline, Beach Nourishment projects are essential. The process involves dredging sand from the ocean floor off-shore to be pumped on to the shoreline in an effort to widen the beach shoreline. The schedule of these projects is government regulated. For more in depth information, visit the Dare County website here.
To check your town's project schedule visit here.
The Agent is acting for and represents the landlord. All rental monies may be disbursed to the homeowner within 30 days of receipt. Therefore, no substitutions can be made. The balance of your rent is due forty-five (45) days prior to your arrival. Reservations with unpaid balances within forty-five (45) days of arrival may be subject to cancellation without refund. This is a Vacation Rental Agreement under the NC Vacation Rental Act, N.C.G.S. 42A. The rights and obligations of the parties to this agreement are defined by law and include unique provisions permitting the disbursement of rent prior to Tenancy and expedited eviction of Tenants. Your signature on the reverse of the agreement or payment of money or taking possession of the property after receipt of the agreement is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement and your intent to use this property for a vacation rental. Tenant is responsible to insure Agent has received the signed Vacation Rental Agreement and required payments.
This contract represents a real estate transaction and constitutes agreement between the Tenant and Coastal Carolina Vacations as agent, to rent the premises described in this agreement.
Agent shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or familial status of any party or prospective party to this agreement.
By payment of money or taking possession of the property after receipt of the agreement is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement, tenant acknowledges that he/she will occupy the property and is a minimum of 25 years old representing a family group. ID may be required prior to check-in. ***FIREWORKS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON ANY LEASED PROPERTY.***
1. Liability. Tenant understands that the accommodation is a privately owned dwelling with the Owner's furnishings, and neither the Agent nor the Owner shall be responsible for providing any additional furnishings or equipment. If the air conditioning system or other appliances become inoperable, Agent will exert efforts to have them serviced. However, Agent cannot guarantee the time required to accomplish repairs. Tenant acknowledges waiver of liability, including but not limited to, hot tub, whirlpool, sauna, outdoor/indoor pool (open seasonal, call for dates), elevator herein after called special feature, if so equipped. The Tenant understands there are special risks that may be involved in using the special feature. In particular, but without limitation, the Tenant understands there are special risks that may be involved in the special feature. In particular, but without limitation, the Tenant understands that there are potential risks that the special features may present dangers to children who are not carefully supervised, as well as the danger of any person using the special features for too long a time, has health problems, or is intoxicated or using any kind of drugs or medication, or uses the special feature if pregnant. The Tenant agrees to explain the risks of using the special feature to any guests he or she may have at the unit and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents his guests may incur. The Tenant understands the risks discussed above and agrees that he will assume all responsibility for himself and his guests for the consequences of those risks. Tenant agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against Landlord or Agent for accidents or claims arising from use of special feature. The Tenant agrees to indemnify Landlord and/or Agent for any claims made by Tenant’s guests arising from Tenant’s guest’s use of the special feature. The Tenant also understands and agrees that he is responsible and liable and will pay agent upon request for any damages that occur to the special feature and its support equipment through his or his guest’s misuse and/or negligence, for example, but not limited to, damaging the hot tub cover and/or pool liner, or allowing the water level to become too low, or causing water overflow inside the unit. Indemnification and hold harmless. Tenant agrees to indemnify and save harmless the Owner and Agent for any injuries, liabilities, theft, damages cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Tenant use and occupancy of the Premises.
2. Tenant understands that the condition, as well as the furnishings, will vary in each home according to the owner’s taste. All properties or units are equipped for housekeeping with dishes, cookware, silverware and glasses. Locked areas such as owner’s personal storage areas are exempt from this Lease and are off limits to Tenant. Entry into these areas is prohibited and can result in charges to Tenant. Tenant is responsible for all internet activity, where applicable, and agrees that no illegal copyrighted materials may be downloaded. Tenant understands that no refunds will be given for Internet connectivity issues or lack of service. Tenant is not allowed to upgrade any utility services or order movies on owners account. Any charges associated with such transactions will be billed to the tenant and their credit card charged.
3. Vacation homes are rented to responsible groups only. NO HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE GROUPS ARE PERMITTED, REGARDLESS OF AGE. Any group whose behavior creates a disruption or interferes with their neighbor’s peaceful enjoyment of their property will not be allowed to stay and no refund of rents will be made. Any group misrepresenting themselves may be denied occupancy and no refund of rents will be made.
4. It is agreed that Agent and their employees, for the purpose of clean-up and repair, may enter the premises at 10:00 a.m. on the day of departure and may remain on the premises until 6 p.m. on the day of arrival if necessary. Coastal Carolina Vacations will make every effort to have the leased property available by 4 p.m. Tenant acknowledges that Agent’s representatives may need to access the property during the leased period for general repairs and maintenance.
5. In the event that rented premises becomes uninhabitable prior to rental period, or in the event of an error in reservation procedure or change in the ownership which precludes occupancy by Tenant, Agent reserves right to effect appropriate corrective action without loss to Agent. Liability to Agent/Landlord is limited to rental monies paid by Tenant. Notification of such corrective action will be provided to Tenant at the earliest possible time. NEW CONSTRUCTION: If house under construction is unfinished at occupancy date per Lease, the Agent/Landlord liability is limited to full refund of rent payments and a good faith effort by Agent to locate replacement accommodations. Tenant waives any and all other claims against Landlord or Agent for non-completion of this property under construction. FORECLOSURE: If Agent becomes aware of any foreclosure proceedings, Agent will notify Tenant. In the event of a monetary loss to Tenant, Tenant understands that their sole recourse is with the Owner of the rented property. Tenant agrees Agent cannot be held responsible for funds lost due to a voluntary or involuntary transfer of property ownership.
6. HURRICANE REFUNDS - Pursuant to Senate Bill 974, G.S. 42A-36, there are no refunds to inclement weather including hurricanes. TRIP CANCELLATION and INTERUPTION INSURANCE IS AVAILABLE. Refer to the front of this lease agreement for further information.
7. SECURITY DEPOSITS - Tenant may be subject to a security deposit in an amount to be determined at the sole discretion of the Agent. Deductions can be made for excessive cleaning, damage to the property or its contents, missing linens or other items, moving or cleaning furniture, carpet cleaning, damage to the hot tub or its cover, pool equipment and/or any other special features. Tenant will be notified in writing regarding said deductions. Security deposits are refunded within 45 days of departure in accordance with NC law. Whether or not a security deposit is required, Tenant is responsible for any intentional damage due to willful negligence on leased property. Tenant will be notified in writing and Tenant agrees that charges can be processed on Tenant's credit card or Tenant agrees to send payment within 10 days of notification.
8. ACCOMMODATIONS CAPACITY - The advertised bedding includes adults and children and must be strictly observed. Exceeding this occupancy is grounds for eviction without refund. Maximum occupancy in homes served by an on-site septic system is limited to two persons per bedroom. SPECIAL EVENTS (i.e. wedding, receptions, rehearsal dinner, etc.), if allowed, must have prior authorization and may be subject to additional fees. If such event is not disclosed, tenant may be subject to additional fees. Occupancy shall not exceed the amount allowed by law.
9. PETS - No pets are allowed in any rental home, except where noted "Pets Allowed". The term "Pets" refers to dogs and/or cats only and are limited to two (2) domestic, housebroken dogs and/or cats, unless otherwise restricted by individual homes. If pets are discovered in a home not allowing pets, Tenant may be evicted immediately and security deposit if applicable will be forfeited. Pet damages will be charged to the Tenant.
10. Tenant understands that he may not sublet or assign this Agreement. Tenant agrees that he will not use, nor permit the use of the premises for any unlawful or disorderly purposes, nor commit or permit a nuisance to be committed therein. NO FIREARMS, EXPLOSIVES OR FIREWORKS PERMITED ON ANY LEASED PROPERTY.
11. All taxes are subject to change and will be collected in accordance with North Carolina law.
12. BEACH NOURISHMENT: Some oceanfront areas of the Outer Banks may be part of beach nourishment projects. Projects are planned by individual towns and are weather dependent, therefore scheduled cannot beset or confirmed in advance. Tenant may be subject to inconvenience during these projects. No refunds will be given.
13. Tenant understands that if the Tenant or any member or members of his party violate any of the conditions or agreements in this contract, Agent may terminate this agreement and enter the premises. If Tenant is in violation of this agreement, contract will be terminated without refund. If a court of competent jurisdiction shall find any portion of this Lease invalid, such decision shall have no effect on the remainder of this Lease. The court of jurisdiction is Dare County.
14. If Tenant refuses to depart from the premises on the date indicated on this Agreement, Tenant will be charged rent of $500 per day in addition to any legal costs necessary to evict Tenant. Tenant is aware that expedited eviction pursuant to GS 42A-24 is allowed.
15. Nothing herein shall limit any direct charges to Tenant or prohibit Agent from obtaining additional income from any added services including but not limited to trip insurance, long distance phone services, administrative and maintenance fees, pet fees, etc.
16. The tenant understands and agrees that all funds will be placed in an interest bearing account with name of bank on which the interest shall accrue to the benefit of name of business llc.
17. The Tenant has read and agrees to abide by the terms, rules and regulations of this agreement set forth and by signing below accepts this lease Agreement in its entirety.
18: Attorney fees and Litigation: Any dispute relating this Vacation Rental Agreement will be litigated only in The General Court of Justice for the State of North Carolina and only in Dare County. This agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina. The prevailing party in any matter which is litigated in the court system will be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees.
19. CANCELLATIONS/TRANSFERS: CANCELLATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO COASTAL CAROLINA VACATIONS IN WRITING. In case of cancellation, no refund of rents paid will be made until the period is re-rented and confirmed. If the period is re-rented at the same rate as the original lease of the original Tenant, all monies paid are refunded less a $50 cancellation fee, if applicable. However, if the rental rate is negotiated to a lower rate or rented for a lesser time period, the original Tenant will only be refunded the lower (or lesser) rental amount as owners are to receive the full amount of the original lease. Coastal Carolina Vacations will make every effort to re-rent the property at the full amount. Trip Insurance is non-refundable. Balances due for leases two weeks or longer must be paid in full prior to check-in even if a portion of the period was not able to be re-rented.
How to Book Your Next Stay
Norfolk International Airport is the closest major airport, and is located in Norfolk, VA. Dare County Airport is located in Manteo, NC which offers charter services. Raleigh-Durham International Airport, while slightly farther than Norfolk, is located just West of the Outer Banks and is still an easy drive.
Our friendly Vacation Specialists are available at 1-866-938-7497. We are available for any questions you may have to help you book the perfect Outer Banks vacation. You can also make a reservation online. We look forward to having you as our guest!
Our calendars open varying based on the property and its owner.
If you have a specific property and dates in mind but don't see it on the calendar, give us a call at 866-938-7497 and our dedicated Vacation Specialists will be happy to assist you.
Reservations are made on a first come, first serve basis, meaning that when the property is open on the market, it is open to all of the rental market.